Become an associated member
Doctoral researchers and master students of the DEADALUS member labs can apply to become an associated member of DAEDALUS.
Associated members are full members who can participate in all
DEADALUS activities, such as soft skill courses, winter schools, PhD students seminars, etc..
To apply, please submit the following documents:
• Letter of motivation
• Certificates with grades
• One letter of recommendation
For doctoral students it is recommended to apply at the beginning phase of a cohort, master students can apply at any time.
For further details, please contact our coordinator Tina Schwabe (office[at]daedalus.tu-berlin.de).
Currently there are no vacancies.
The doctorate at our graduate school is based on cohorts. The start of the second cohort is in October 2021.
Application process / selection procedure
The application process for the 1st cohort ended already on July 6, 2018. Currently there are no vacancies.
The procedure of the last round was as follows: We expected to receive a single electronic document (preferably in PDF format) sent
to office[at]daedalus.tu-berlin.de, containing the following documents:
• a short motivation letter
• a complete and up-to-date curriculum vitae
• Names and contact details of at least 2 referees (reference letters should be available by the corresponding deadline)
• Bachelor’s and Master’s transcripts
• Certificates (with grades)
The selected students were notified after the deadline for application and asked to choose – in a ranking procedure – at least three of
the 14 projects with brief justifications.
The interviews then took place personally or via a video conference call with the Executive Committee and the supervisors of the
three chosen projects. During the interviews, the candidates were asked to
• present their motivation for joining the RTG,
• give a short talk about their master thesis and
• discuss a publication related to the topic of the RTG, sent to the candidates before.
The final decision was made and communicated within a few days thereafter.